- This event has passed.
Mindfulness and Creativity Retreat in Bali
10 Jul, 2017 - 14 Jul, 2017
July 10-14, 2017
Peel back the layers of tension and join us for this five day retreat in the gentle beauty of Bali. Time for and attention to self-care is critical to sustain joy, happiness and productivity in the midst of a busy life. This retreat offers well deserved time and space to restore energy, reinvigorate passion, renew focus and prevent burn out.
Experience regeneration, a gentle unfolding and enhanced wellbeing through creative exercises and mindfulness practices designed to nourish your body, mind, heart and soul. Feel wholly supported in reconnecting with and deepening your passion for your life and your work and feeling an enhanced sense of care and kindness flowing from a nourished place within.
Set in the warm, idyllic tranquility of Ubud, Bali, this winter retreat provides a space for learning, reflection and restoration. We will explore the role of creativity and mindfulness in the context of therapy, and facilitate gentle and practical exercises to deepen mindful and creative work.
To sustain a nourished life we need to feel a sense of community and connection. This retreat is an invitation to be in the company of like-minded people while giving spaciousness to rest, be pampered, explore Ubud and surrounds, enjoy local cuisine and delight in the natural beauty of Bali.
Testimonials Retreat 2016:
Thanks to you and Jacki plus our lovely intern helpers for an awesome workshop and wider experience of connection and culture. It was just what I needed!I am delighted to hear you are going to hold another Lotus retreat. I will have no hesitation in recommending it. Angela
I loved every moment I spent with you all and have come back so ZEN from the experience. Suzanne
Your Retreat Facilitators
Sabina is a counsellor and psychotherapist with 17 years’ experience primarily in private practice and is the founder of Well for Life, Centre for Counselling, Mindfulness and Holistic Health in Crows Nest. Sabina also is a meditation and mindfulness teacher and over many years has taught courses and retreats that support people to open the mind to the present moment, restore inner peace and become deeply available to life and living.
Jacki is a counselling psychologist and director of Sydney Centre for Creative Change. She has been facilitating retreats and experiential training workshops for helping professionals for over 20 years. Using art, imagination, music, movement and other creative processes, she invites new perspectives, important rememberings and inspiration for renewal and change.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Examine the role and place of creativity in your life and work
- Experience how the practice of mindfulness enhances imagination, intuition and innovation
- Connect in with your inner resources and creative potentials
- Learn how to relax the mind, enhancing health and well-being
- Reinvigorate your passion and love for your life and your work
- Look at life and work themes from new perspectives using intuition and imagination
- Maximise opportunities for “flow” and be open to insight, hope, dreams, new perspectives and bringing light and colour to your inner images.
- Participate in gentle creative exercises to deepen self reflection, spontaneity, risk taking and being –in-the-now using mindfulness and art media.
- Immerse yourself in creative exercises in expressive, reflective and process oriented ways that do not require any artistic talent or experience.
- Connect, have fun and experience the beauty and pleasures of Bali
- Teaching/5 day program
- 22 Professional Development Hours
- Daily Yoga and/or meditation practice
- Complimentary arrival drink & refreshments
- 4 Full hot buffet breakfasts : typical breakfast includes; eggs (any style), sautéed green vegetables and mushroom, curried tomatoes, toast, potato cake, fresh tropical fruit and yoghurt, banana pancakes, tea, coffee and orange juice, homemade muesli and/or cereal
- 1 hour massage or other equivalent body treatment at Bliss Spa
- Mindfulness Meditation CD set to take home
- Dinner on Day 1
- Daily Fresh Tropical Fruit Baskets
- Endless purified spring drinking water
- Tropical setting within the beautiful Balinese countryside; gorgeous Balinese cottages, super comfy beds, swimming pools, beautiful hospitality
What is not included:
- Accommodation (you can book accommodation unfolding-the-lotus-accomodation-booking-form)
- Return airport transfers (please see FAQS for info about booking with our resident driver)
- Travel Insurance: to book on the retreat you must have travel insurance
- Lunch and Dinner: Days 2-5 (both are available at the hotel or the many eateries around Ubud)
- Excursions(to book please see form below)
Ananda Cottages is set in the tranquil rice paddies 10 minutes out of Ubud in the centre of Bali. The Cottages are approximately a one hour drive from Denpassar Airport. Bookings for the 4 retreat nights 10-14 July for single, double or twin-share rooms can be made here.
Tirta Empul – Balinese Water Temple Balinese Dance and Music Performance Balinese Mask Making Workshop
Retreat Payment by 1st March, 2017 Keen $890
Retreat Payment by 1st April, 2017 Early Bird $930
Retreat Payment after 1st April, 2017 Regular $990
Application for concession can be made. Concession equals Keen/$890.
Please click on the following links for more information and enrollment forms:
Retreat Registration Form:
Accommodation Booking Form:
Frequently Asked Questions:
What to Bring: