- This event has passed.
Creative Mindfulness in Therapy
22 Mar, 2018 - 23 Mar, 2018
Quiet the mind and creativity will blossom. Sabina Rabold
All of life is an act of imagination, creativity and innovation. Mindfulness, the deliberate practice of being present to life as it unfolds moment to moment, invites us into deep connection and familiarity with this ingenious flow of life. Steady mindfulness practice opens us and makes us receptive to our deeper self; this deeper self as the seat of our imagination and the birth place of creativity.
Mindfulness invites us to bring fresh eyes to each moment, to open, to be curious and to prevent being caught up in outdated habits of the mind. The practice of mindfulness teaches us to get out of our own way; we learn to transform fear and other inhibiting emotions, silence the critical voice and bring curiosity and acceptance to all of our experience. Mindfulness practices offer the invitation to move toward greater balance, participation and choice in life. We are invited to discover the unique voice of our ingenuity.
This two-day workshop on Inspired Mindfulness offers a creative pathway to learning mindfulness. A theoretical foundation will be offered as a contextual frame for understanding mindfulness but most learning will come through immersion in creative mindfulness practices. Learning through doing is at the heart of this workshop. Each practice supports the applied understanding of mindfulness in one’s own life and as a therapeutic tool in work with clients. Inviting mindfulness into our therapeutic work offers a tool for healing and transformation and is a source of nourishment and aliveness for both the therapist and the client.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Understand the theory and context of mindfulness
- Know various types of creative mindfulness practices
- Recognise the connection between mindfulness and creativity
- Connect through mindfulness into the deep well of creativity
- Consider how mindfulness can be used therapeutically
- Experience connection and community in a small group environment
- Take home a toolkit of practices that can be used personally or professionally
What ideas are explored:
- What is mindfulness in the context of creativity?
- How does mindfulness invite presence and kind awareness?
- How can mindfulness be a pathway to the deeper flow of our life, creativity, imagination and intuition?
- What does mindfulness offer to the therapeutic space?
- How can mindfulness enhance the creative flow of therapy, clarity and wellbeing to both client and counsellor?
- What is an ethical and professional framework for the use of mindfulness in therapy?
- How can all of life be lived from a place of mindfulness and creativity?
Training methods will include:
- Interactive presentations
- Large group discussions
- Pair and small group discussions
- Live demonstrations of methods
- Guided mindfulness practices
- Cultivation of mindfulness through creative practices
- Reflection opportunities for application of methods
- Learn in the safety and support of a small group.
Who Should Attend?
Psychologists, social workers, counsellors, psychotherapists, pastoral workers, other allied health professionals and students who are interested in incorporating elements of mindfulness into therapeutic work. Provisional psychologists can attend at student rates.
Well for Life
2/35 Hume Street, Crows Nest, NSW 2065
Included in the workshop price:
- 12 CPD points/hours (24 hours for AASW members)
- Comprehensive Bound Seminar Workbook
- Certificate of Attendance
- Lunch, Morning & Afternoon Teas
- 9am – 4pm Training
- Early bird savings for bookings made two months prior to training.