5 Day Mindfulness and Creativity Retreat in Bali
7 Jun, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 11 Jun, 2019 @ 3:00 pm
June 7-11 2019
Peel back the layers of tension and join us for this five-day retreat in the gentle beauty of Bali. Time for and attention to self-care is critical to sustain joy, happiness and productivity in the midst of a busy life. This retreat offers well deserved time and space to restore energy, reinvigorate passion, renew focus and prevent burn out.
Experience regeneration, a gentle unfolding and enhanced wellbeing through creative exercises and mindfulness practices designed to nourish your body, mind, heart and soul. Feel wholly supported in reconnecting with and deepening your passion for your life and your work and feeling an enhanced sense of care and kindness flowing from a nourished place within.
Set in the warm, idyllic tranquillity of Ubud, Bali, this winter retreat provides a space for learning, reflection and restoration. We will explore the role of creativity and mindfulness in the context of therapy, and facilitate gentle and practical exercises to deepen mindful and creative work.
To sustain a nourished life we need to feel a sense of community and connection. This retreat is an invitation to be in the company of like-minded people while giving spaciousness to rest, be pampered, explore Ubud and surrounds, enjoy local cuisine and delight in the natural beauty of Bali.
Testimonials Retreat 2016:
Thanks to you and Jacki plus our lovely intern helpers for an awesome workshop and wider experience of connection and culture. It was just what I needed!I am delighted to hear you are going to hold another Lotus retreat. I will have no hesitation in recommending it. Angela
I loved every moment I spent with you all and have come back so ZEN from the experience. Suzanne
Testimonials Retreat 2017:
The Unfolding the Lotus Retreat was a wonderful opportunity for self-reflection and cultivating more mindful awareness and skills. As a Health Care Practitioner, it was a gift to be able to better appreciate my own self-care needs.
The interweaving of the two focuses (creativity and mindfulness) gave an opportunity to progress in both at a similar pace. I really valued the time given for individual processing and collective sharing. Counselling Student
I loved the art work and connecting with other like-minded people, and being in Bali as it is conducive to learning self-care.
I valued learning more about myself, meditative and mindfulness techniques and learning the concept of serving myself better. Living compassionate life open to deeper experiencing. I just loved this retreat.
The exercises we did on the retreat were great! Loved the processes and surprises that unfolded. The mindfulness practices were perfect – great tools to have.
Thank you, Jacki and Sabina – you are both talented teachers and complement each other so well. You have found a beautiful space so we can learn and grow. I wanted to rest and to have my energy levels return and this happened and more!! The other group members were special too. Thank you for bringing us together and for caring for us. Psychologist
I have found myself again. I can sincerely say that I needed this about 15 years ago, have needed it throughout that time and have genuinely gotten so much from this week in relation to addressing issues that have accumulated across many years. Thank you both so much! This has sincerely been one of the best things I have done for myself in my lifetime. Psychologist
Testimonials Retreat 2018:
The retreat in August was such a beautiful experience and came at a time when I really needed to create space and tap into what was holding me back in certain areas. The flow of the program was amazing and progressed to really help us go on a path to growth. I have been studying Mindfulness much further since I returned and have incorporated many practices in my day to day life. Thank you for the creativity exercises as I need to revisit that part of myself as I have felt creatively blocked lately.Thank you again for a wonderful experience! Amie, New York
A week in Ubud with my daughter, as well as all the other participants in the ‘Unfolding the Lotus’ Mindfulness and Creativity Retreat, has created for me a memory of treasured time. Sabina And Jacki initiated and guided us in a safe, nurturing and free environment, through many different phases of the day, instilling and individually enriching us with many skills to take out and use in the wider world of our own lives. Robyn
Your Retreat Facilitators
Sabina is a counsellor and psychotherapist with 19 years’ experience primarily in private practice and is the founder and director of Well for Life, Centre for Counselling, Mindfulness and Holistic Health in Sydney. Sabina also is a meditation and mindfulness teacher and over many years has taught courses and retreats that support people to open the mind to the present moment, restore inner peace and become deeply available to life and living.
Jacki is a counselling psychologist and director of Sydney Centre for Creative Change. She has been facilitating retreats and experiential training workshops for helping professionals for over 20 years. Using art, imagination, music, movement and other creative processes, she invites new perspectives, important rememberings and inspiration for renewal and change.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Examine the role and place of creativity in your life and work
- Experience how the practice of mindfulness enhances imagination, intuition and innovation
- Connect in with your inner resources and creative potentials
- Learn how to relax the mind, enhancing health and well-being
- Reinvigorate your passion and love for your life and your work
- Look at life and work themes from new perspectives using intuition and imagination
- Maximise opportunities for “flow” and be open to insight, hope, dreams, new perspectives and bringing light and colour to your inner images.
- Participate in gentle creative exercises to deepen self-reflection, spontaneity, risk taking and being –in-the-now using mindfulness and art media.
- Immerse yourself in creative exercises in expressive, reflective and process oriented ways that do not require any artistic talent or experience.
- Connect, have fun and experience the beauty and pleasures of Bali
- Teaching – 5-day retreat program 6 pm Friday the 7th of June to Tuesday the 11th of June 2019
- Four nights accommodation at Ananda Cottages Friday the 7th of June to Tuesday the 11th of June 2019
- 22 Professional Development Hours
- Excursion to Tirta Empul (Balinese Water Temple) with optional water ritual
- Daily Yoga and/or meditation practice
- Complimentary arrival drink & refreshments
- 4 Full hot buffet breakfasts: typical breakfast includes; eggs (any style), sautéed green vegetables and mushroom, curried tomatoes, tofu/tempeh, toast, potato cake, fresh tropical fruit and yoghurt, banana pancakes, tea, coffee and orange juice, homemade muesli and/or cereal
- 1-hour massage or other equivalent body treatment at Bliss Spa
- Mindfulness Meditation CD set to take home
- Welcome Dinner on Day 1
- Farewell Dinner on Day 4
- Daily Fresh Tropical Fruit Baskets
- Endless purified spring drinking water
- Tropical setting within the beautiful Balinese countryside; gorgeous Balinese cottages, super comfy beds, swimming pools, beautiful hospitality
What is not included:
- Return airport transfers (please see FAQS for info about booking with our resident driver)
- Travel Insurance: to book on the retreat you must have travel insurance
- Other meals (meals are available at the hotel or the many eateries around Ubud
- Early Bird to 1st of February 2019 $ 1635
- Retreat Payment after 1st of February 2019 $ 1695
- Early Bird to 1st of February 2019 $1495
- Retreat Payment after 1st of February 2019 $ 1555
*All payments are in Australian Dollars
Application for concession can be made.
Ananda Cottages is set in the tranquil rice paddies 10 minutes out of Ubud in the centre of Bali. The Cottages are approximately a one hour drive from Denpassar Airport. The 4 retreat nights 7-11 June 2019 for single, double or twin-share rooms are included in the retreat registration.
Tirta Empul – Balinese Water Temple
Other Excursions (eg DancePerformance/Mask Making)will be made available when we meet for the retreat and can be paid for then.
Please click on the following links for more information and retreat registration form: